Edible Cities Networking Sessions
The Edible Cities Networking Sessions are open to all Edible City enthusiasts, activists and interested people. Held online via the interactive platform Wonder, participants are able to walk around and chat to others, dip in and out of different conversations and mingle in an informal atmosphere.
Want to join a future session? Join the Edible Cities Network and you’ll automatically receive an update when the next session is coming up.
Want to host one of the discussion rooms at an upcoming event? Send us an email at edicitnet-events (@) eurtd.com and we’ll be in touch!
The next Networking Session (in August 2022) will be announced soon!
Past Networking Sessions
#3 – Andernach, Berlin & Oslo
9th June 2022
In this Edible Cities Networking Session, participants talked to representatives of city administrations from around Europe about what they are doing to support a sustainable urban food future.
Including Anneli Karlsson from the City of Andernach, Germany who was there to talk about:
- Edible Andernach: 10 years of experience from a municipal perspective
- Growing a green, edible city with the support of key stakeholders
- Urban fauna: examples of plants and trees which thrive in similar urban environments
Hilde Herrebroden from the Agency for Urban Environment, Oslo, Norway who was there to talk about:
- Oslo’s city-wide strategy and subsidy scheme for urban agriculture
- Intra-departmental collaboration in support of a green, edible Oslo
- Experiences from the Oslo EdiCitNet Living Lab
- Oslo’s experience with engaging citizens in urban agriculture
And Tina Hilbert from the Senate Department for Urban Development and Housing, Berlin, Germany who was there to talk about:
- Berlin’s Neighbourhood Management Programme focusing on social cohesion
- Their experiences integrating edible, urban greening projects into a city undergoing rapid transformation
- Berlin’s ongoing experiments to integrating community gardens into unusual spaces – a still active cemetery and a the grounds of a former historical manor house
#2 – Community, Value & Circular Economy
28th April 2022
The second Edible Cities Networking Session continued our conversations and talk about the future of the edible city movement
This time, there was space to talk about the following topics with experts from the EdiCitNet project:
- Creating value through urban food initiatives (Alice Bischof from Wageningen University)
- Circular economy: closing water and material loops (Quim Comas from the Catalan Institute for Water Research)
- Building and maintaining edible city communities (Nevelina Pachova from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology)
#1 – Edible Cities Network Conference – Morning Meet & Greet
16th February 2022
The first Edible Cities Networking Session was held on the 2nd day of the Edible Cities Network Conference in February 2022, and was a place for conference participants to meet and have a morning coffee together.
There were also topic-dedicated areas, where experts from the EdiCitNet will be available to answer questions on:
- on working with water in urban farming
- edible city urban planning with experts from Oslo and Andernach
- how to set up and maintain an urban food businesses (and how the EdiCitNet project can help you!)
- and how to join the Edible Cities Community, and make best use of the services and platforms that we offer