There are numerous edible fruit trees, edible fruit bushes and herbs on the public green spaces in Rüdersdorf near Berlin. Citizens of the community are committed to this rich cultural landscape with the support of two local companies. In October, a tree pruning course took place on a newly planted orchard with 40 fruit trees under the professional guidance of EdiCitNet partner Mundraub. Young Fruit Trees need a regular care in the first ten or even better 15 years. Because this is nowadays not considered in most cases, many new orchards do not survive their adolescence. This is a waste of money and a waste of valuable living resources.
- Linderud community garden awarded at the Oslo Municipality’s Garden Awards 2022 Novembre 8, 2022
- First Visit to the Historic City of Carthage to Collaborate on the Edible Cities Masterplan Ottobre 24, 2022
- Visiting Rotterdam’s Network of Green Initiatives during EdiCitNet’s 3rd City Exchange Ottobre 18, 2022
- From Community Gardening to Rooftop Farming: Oslo Hosts the Network’s 2nd International City Exchange Ottobre 14, 2022
- Measure and Manage the Impact of your Edible City Initiative Settembre 20, 2022