Association la Recherche en Action – (REACT)
REACT is a sustainable development association with an expertise in the fields of Water management and the integration of non-conventional water (rainwater, wastewater) for optimal use of water resources in arid environment and to achieve zero discharge. The treatment of non-conventional water by nature-based systems (CW) to be in accordance with planned use, health requirements and the reuse of the related nutriments.
Protection of biodiversity while developing and integrating endemic plants into both ecological and production systems. Governance and institutional aspects related to water and health and support to decision-makers and main actors. Moderation, dissemination and awareness-raising among different target groups including young people.
Some of our best practice examples are:
- Contribution for the identification of suitable plants for an installed community garden (Project JaCoTuCo Tunis/Cologne).
- Creation of micro-reserve for the conservation of Jerba’s heritage species (CEPF project, Jerba).
- Elaboration of a charter for the conservation of a strict endemic species / development of Garrat Sajnane (CEPF Project, Save Plants).
- Assistance to decision-makers concerning water governance / water code and national health policy (water governance project and social health dialogue).
- Awareness and training of young people in the creation of terrariums.
- Raising awareness among young people on water management by developing interesting collective games with the collaboration of the City of Science of Tunis (Water Governance Project).
- Awareness-raising among decision-makers and the local population on the conservation value of Garaat Sejnene plants (IUCN-Med project).
Our main role in the project is to support the Follower City Carthage with the integration of ECS into urban master plans and the ECS development adapted to specific climatic, social and cultural contexts. This implies the integration of sustainable components on ECS linked to water and biodiversity, co-creation and exchange meetings with main actors as well as the implementation of the Carthage city team, including the awareness-rising, capacity building, dissemination and the sustainability of EdiCitNet achievements.